Are you prepared for a traffic snafu or being stuck in your auto due to bad weather? Here is a list of helpful items to keep in your auto to be prepared for an emergency.
1. What would we do without our cell phones? Be sure to have a car charger for your auto in the case that your phone battery dies. You can choose between a precharged or one your can plug into your auto’s cigarette lighter. With your cell phone you can easily contact your roadside assistance company.
2. A flashlight in your auto glove compartment is a must have in the event your car is broken down, you can place it on top of the auto’s roof to alert others your car is in distress. You of course can use it to light the roadway if you have to open your auto’s trunk or walk on the roadway.
3. Spare tires are sometimes too easy to forget about checking to make sure you have one for your auto. Even if you have roadside assistance on your auto insurance policy, it is in your best interest to have one handy.
4. Extra fuses help when your tail light or brake light as well as turning signals are broken on your auto. Having them available just may even deter you from getting a ticket.
5. Nonperishable food and water is not only helpful in the case of an auto emergency it also helps for those unexpected days or nights when we are running around and on the go. An extra sweater or blanket can help on those bitter cold days.
6. An auto first aid kit which can benefit you as well as passengers and people you may come into contact with.
Most importantly, your safety is key and these items may seem like overkill but if needed you know you have everything you may need at your fingertips.